Record Store Day Unsigned Terms and Conditions
1 Promoter’s name and address
Breed Media, The Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2BX.
Breed Media is a trading name of Key Production (London) Ltd. Registered no. 2794065. Registered office: Lynwood House, 373-375 Station Road, Harrow, Middx, HA1 2AW.
2 How to participate
2.1 Entry is free. In order to enter this competition, go to www.breedmedia.co.uk and click on the Record Store Day Competition banner to access the entry form and competition details.
2.2 Please complete the entry form including:
- a) your band/artist name.
- b) the names, addresses (including postcode) and email addresses for each band member.
- c) a YouTube link to your music video entry, TicTok or Instagram links are acceptable. The video must be up to two minutes and must be specifically created for this competition.
2.3 Entries which are incomplete, misspelt, inaudible, or incomprehensible are void and will not be entered into this competition.
2.4 You may only submit one entry to this competition. Entrants who submit multiple entries will be disqualified and will not be entered into this competition.
3 Start date
This competition will start on 15.08.2023.
4 Closing date
The closing date for this competition will be 16.10.2023.
5 Selection of the winner
5.1 Entries will be judged on performance initially by Breed Media which will then shortlist twenty entries for review by a panel of 5 industry judges.
5.2 One winner will be selected from the shortlist.
5.3 The winner will be chosen from all entries correctly submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions.
6.1 The winning band or artist will receive free of charge: 500 x standard weight 7" Vinyl or 12" Vinyl in standard full colour printed sleeve, lacquer cut and Mastering at Abbey Road Studios (supported by Bowers and Wilkins) included, vinyl options and printed parts will be offered at no extra cost.
6.2 There are no alternative prizes.
6.3 The prizes are non-transferable and exclude any additional costs and expenses.
6.4 The prizes do not include the finished artwork and/or master recording for the record which must be provided by the winner.
6.5 The winning artist or band is responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in description of the prizes above.
6.6 The winner will be expected to perform at the Key Production Group Party in front of an Industry audience on 16.11.23 at a London Venue.
6.7 The winning artist or band will be expected to make their own travel arrangements to attend at Abbey Road Studios and to perform at the Key Production Group Party in Central London.
7 Restrictions and requirements
7.1 Please note the following restrictions and requirements apply:
- a) Employees of the promoter and their immediate families are ineligible to enter this promotion.
- b) Entrants must be 16 or over and resident in the United Kingdom.
- c) Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain consent from a parent/guardian.
- d) Entrants must not currently be signed to a record label deal and must own copyright in their entries.
- e) All entries must be original material.
7.2 By submitting your competition entry, you confirm that you meet the requirements of this clause 7.
8 Notification of the results and receipt of the prize
8.1 Breed Media will notify the winner on 6.11.2023 and the winner will be announced at www.recordstoreday.co.uk by 20.11.2023
8.2 The winner will have until 31.12.2023 to claim their prize with Breed Media. Standard manufacturing times will apply once the prize is claimed and master/artwork provided.
8.3 The finished artwork and master recording should be provided to Breed Media by the winner. The date when the prize will be made available will be confirmed to the winner by Breed Media.
9 Data protection and publicity
9.1 If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your video entry, your name, image and county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes including use on all social media platforms.
9.2 You consent to and acknowledge that your video entry may be used in publicity by the promoters.
9.3 You consent to and acknowledge that your vinyl pressing, once released, may be used in publicity by the promoters in such form as the promoters in their entire discretion decide.
9.4 By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
10 Intellectual property
10.1 By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree:
- a) to grant to the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable and royalty-free licence to use your entry and any accompanying material for any and all purposes in connection with this competition.
- b) to waive all of your moral rights in your entry and any accompanying material.
- c) that the Promoter may make your entry available on its website and any other media in connection with any publicity of the competition.
- d) to indemnify and keep indemnified Breed Media Limited from any third party claim that your content, performance, related artwork or any other intellectual property provided by you breaches the intellectual property rights of a third party.
11.1 The name and county of the winning artist/band members will be made available by Record Store Day at www.recordstoreday.co.uk.
11.2 Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud.
11.3 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.